It is really important that children learn how to keep themselves safe and how to behave in the digital world.
Safer Net Kids is a great site that has loads of information, tips and activities to help you know and understand how to keep safe in the digital world, but also what to do to if something should go wrong.
Follow the link below:
For helpful tips on online bullying:
Important tips to keep you safe on the internet
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think very carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
- Never give out your passwords to ANYONE.
- Don’t befriend people you don’t know.
- Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer if anyone is suggesting you do.
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are, and people can and will lie to get what they want.
- Think carefully about what you say before you post something online. Just like a picture, your words can be seen by others.
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude.
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
If you are worried about online abuse or the way someone is communicating online, you can report it to:
Click here to download a copy of our Internet Policy http://www.kingspark-academy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/KPA-Internet-Safety-1.pdf